North Iron’s Warranty
Global Solutions On The Spot
North Iron Metal LLC
121 Ontelaunee Trail
Hamburg, PA 19526
Beckers extends this warranty to panels, effective from the date of shipment and sold as a warranted on Number One panels as indicated on the customer’s original invoice. It applies only to goods used on wood frame buildings and on architectural, commercial, pre-engineered or residential metal buildings, which are installed in the United States, Canada, or Mexico. This warranty shall extend to the purchaser of the material and is non-assignable and/or non-transferable. Should the purchaser become insolvent, bankrupt, make an assignment for the benefits of its creditors, or for any reason discontinue its normal or regular business practices, this warranty shall for with become null and void and of no legal effect. The purchaser must present the original sales receipt for warranty consideration.
Although it is recognized by Beckers that most coatings, including Beckrytech®, will fade and change in appearance to some degree over a period of time in outdoor installations, and that such changes may not be uniform between surfaces not equally exposed, Beckers warrants that the goods covered by this warranty will resist natural weathering to the extent that they will conform to the performance standards below during a period of 40 years for film integrity and a period of 30 years after shipment for both chalking and color change, provided that all conditions of this warranty are first met. Provisions (1) through (3) below apply to buildings north of the 15˚ parallel of latitude in the northern hemisphere. Only provision (1) applies to buildings south of this latitude.
- For forty (40) years, BeckryTech® will not peel, flake, or otherwise lose adhesion to an extent that is apparent on ordinary outdoor visual observation. Note: Slight cracking may occur on roll-formed edges or break bends at the time of forming, and is considered as standard, such cracking shall not constitute a basis for complaint under this limited warranty; and
- For thirty-five (35) years, BeckryTech® will not chalk in excess of a numerical rating of seven (7-vertical installation), (5-non-vertical installation) when measured in accordance with the standard procedure specified in ASTM D-659 and NCCA 111-8; and
- For thirty-five (35) years, BeckryTech® will not fade or change in color in excess of five (5) NBS units (vertical installations, or seven (7) NBS units (non-vertical installations) follow installation. Color measurements are to be made per ASTM D-2244 and only on clean surfaces after removing deposits and chalk per ASTM 3964.
This is an anti-weathering warranty and does not apply to other causes of degradation, including:
- BeckryTech® which has suffered scratching or abrasion ort impact by a hard object; has been abused, altered, modified, used in a manner not originally intended or stored contrary to instructions of Beckers, or in accordance with good industry practices; is damaged due to moisture entrapment in bundles during transit or storage; is stored or installed in any way which allows standing water on the coating or in any chemically aggressive environment containing fumes, ash, cement dust, carbon black, salts or other chemicals whether naturally occurring or caused by man; is stored or installed in a way which allows contact with animals and/or animal waste or its decomposition products; is stalled or installed in an area, or in such a way, that damage can occur due to poor air circulation; caused by acts of God, radiation, falling objects, explosion, fire, riots, civil commotions, acts of war, or other external forces;
- BeckryTech® which suffers from improper forming, fabrication, or embossing; cut edge exposure; corrosion of the substrate; or the development of any other condition between the coating to degrade or deliaminate, including any failure or deficiency in the cleaning process or pretreatment;
- BeckryTech® which is installed within 1000 meters of salt water or other marine environment;
- This warranty will not extend to or cover damages to the material due to improper shipping, handling, installation, storing, erecting of the panels on the job site and/or any act of negligence of the customer or any third party after the panels leave the possession of The Manufacturer. Claims arising from the following conditions will also not be warranted; a) Steel shaving from sawing sparks that come into contact with the paint surface. B) Damage to the paint surface due to the use of an abrasive saw blade. C) Panels used on or near animal confinement. D) Damage due to the use of wet, green, or treated lumber. E) Use of fasteners not recommended by The Manufacturer.
If any of the products fails to perform as warranted, Beckers will repaint or replace the defective panels at its sole discretion, and The Manufacturer shall bear no liability, except to the options listed above. If Beckers chooses to replace the defective material, the liability is expressly limited to the purchase price of the defective material, and labor costs will not be given due consideration. The Manufacturer will not be held responsible for any losses, damages, or expenses caused by or resulting from the use of defective material. Beckers reserves the right to terminate or modify this warranty except with respect to orders already accepted.
2526 Delta Lane, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007
Telephone: (847) 766-3555
Fax: (847) 766-3595
15310 Arrow Boulevard, Fontana, California 92335
Telephone: (909) 356-1095
Fax: (909) 356-0854